Welcome to Never2Old4 Dolls!! This blog is intended to be a gathering place for doll lovers of all ages. Interested in connecting with other doll lovers? Head to the "Interviews" page to read some great interviews with doll lovers, doll artists, and doll collectors from all around the world. Do dolls inspire you to channel your inner creative goddess? Click on the "Tutorials" page to find how-to instructions for all kinds of things to make for your dolly friends. Want some recommendations for great books featuring dolls? Go to the "Dolls in Literature" page for reviews and links. Want to check out all the great doll-related info and products available online? Head to the "Links and Resources" page. Sit back, relax, grab your favorite little gal (or guy), and get ready to be inspired.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm still here........with new goodies for Talia

I am so sorry I've neglected this blog for almost a month!!  I have a sewing business on the side and have been so busy getting custom orders done for Christmas.  Things are finally settling down a bit and I wanted to pop in here and show you two AWESOME items that came in the mail for me today!  With some of the money from my own Etsy shop sales, I decided to buy Talia (my Blythe doll) a few items for Christmas.  I'm so, so happy with her new items and so glad to support other fine ladies making lovely handmade items.  It was also really fun to tell my oldest son (who loves geography) that we got a package from Great Britain and from Sweden on the same day.  THAT has never happened before!!  

Without further ado..........I present Talia in her new winter duds.

From the Etsy shop, Cannonbelle, in the UK, I ordered Talia a little green sweater.  Green is my favorite color and I fell in love with this sweater as soon as I saw it.  It fits perfectly and is completely adorable. 

NOTE:  I'm still getting used to how to best photograph Talia.  I realized after just adding this to the post that I should have slipped her stand under the sweater so it wouldn't show in the photo.  Oh well!!  She still looks sweet in her new sweater.



From GenePDollShop in Sweden, I ordered this fabulous Christmas hat. I loved the white eyelash yarn trim and the Christmasy buttons.  SO SWEET!! 



Since we just got our first snow of the year last night, I decided to take Talia outside to photograph her in the snow.  Although I'm still practicing how to get good doll photos, I thought these turned out pretty good!   The jeans Talia is wearing in these photos were made by me.  I'm hoping to have some Blythe clothing for sale in my own Etsy shop in the new year.  I'm completely revamping the shop website and blog right now.  I'll be sure to share more about the shop when it's ready to launch in its new format.






2 comments: