Welcome to Never2Old4 Dolls!! This blog is intended to be a gathering place for doll lovers of all ages. Interested in connecting with other doll lovers? Head to the "Interviews" page to read some great interviews with doll lovers, doll artists, and doll collectors from all around the world. Do dolls inspire you to channel your inner creative goddess? Click on the "Tutorials" page to find how-to instructions for all kinds of things to make for your dolly friends. Want some recommendations for great books featuring dolls? Go to the "Dolls in Literature" page for reviews and links. Want to check out all the great doll-related info and products available online? Head to the "Links and Resources" page. Sit back, relax, grab your favorite little gal (or guy), and get ready to be inspired.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Meet two of my friends


I received this little sibling pair as a gift when I was a child.  If my memory is correct, my paternal grandma and my Aunt Ruth made these for me.  As you will see from the close-up photos below, these two were very well loved as evidenced by their stained faces.  I remember bringing these friends with me everywhere I went, including outside.  Now they sit in my craft studio and serve as my inspiration for creating dolls of my own.  You can check out some of my creations in my Etsy shop, Walnut Hill Handmade.  I will treasure these two forever.  I love that they are handmade.  I love all the details from their hand-embroidered faces to their clothing and their yarn hair.  I wish I could remember what I named them as a child, but I really have no memory of it whatsoever.  Do you have some special, much loved dollies from your childhood?  If so, I'd love to see photos and hear your story.  Contact me at the link on the sidebar and send me your story and photos.  You might just find yourself featured right here on the blog!!



2 comments:

  1. I remember several of my dolls from when I was younger but sadly do not have any of them. One of my favorites that I probably can round up a picture of one of these days was my cabbage patch doll. My favorite was a boy with a little mohawk on top. He was bald except for this little patch. His name was Curtis Lucas. My grandma had some clothes made at a shop here in town for him with his name on it with the iron on type letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I think you should do an interview here at N2O4Dolls. I can tell you have some great dolly memories. I also had a boy Cabbage Patch doll named Sydney (something). I think I still have him somewhere. Funny that we both had boy dolls and are now both mamas to boys! Thanks for your comment, friend.

    ReplyDelete